"The reality is that unless we have been possessed by our calling in God, we will naturally take up a defensive posture."
I just read this quote as I was working on some long overdue homework in my Supernatural Ways of Royalty workbook. Profound, I think, and at minimum, thought-provoking.
In this last week I feel like I've crossed the bridge of being totally possessed by the call of God on my life and that is why this quote spoke to me so strongly. I'm sure there were many factors that divinely converged for this to happen and it would be like trying to unravel a spiderweb to try and figure it all out. However, regardless of how I got there, I want to testify to the fact that it's possible to be fully convinced; it's possible to be in a place of complete assurance. I may not know everything about the future, but I do know that I've crossed some sort of threshold that I'll never go back over.
I recently listened to a sermon by Danny Silk called "The Master of Breakthrough" where he gave the illustration of water pressure building up before it breaks through a barrier. Before it breaks, the pressure just keeps building. But once it breaks, there's no stopping it. If you're in a season of building pressure, know that breakthrough is on the other side. Pressure eventually has to be released.
On Friday night at church I had the opportunity to pray for a woman who had pain in her body at a level 7. After we prayed it went down to a level 2. So we prayed again and the pain completely left! I was SO excited because it had been SO long since I had prayed for someone in church and there was any improvement, and this woman's pain was totally gone! I knew this testimony was apart of the pressure that has been building for so long and is finally breaking through!! I was SO encouraged and I hope this encourages you too!
I pray that as pressure may be building in any area of your life that you would have confidence in the inevitable breakthrough! You will ride the wave when the floodgates burst open. I also release an impartation for being possessed by the call of God on your life. May he encounter you in new and more intense ways this week that would continue to build your faith and give you undoubtable assurance in Him and His purpose for you!
Still doing devos :) This is great!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Jeff! :) It makes me really happy that you would read what I wrote and be encouraged from it!
ReplyDelete