Tuesday, October 4, 2011

A New Season

I've almost made it through my first month of ministry school already, can you believe it? It's definitely been a huge transition, but I think I'm finally settling into a new sense of normal here.

One huge shift I've been experiencing is that I've learned that God has really set apart this season in my life as one for receiving. I think I'm one of those people who find it easier to give than receive. Giving is always my go-to, which is awesome and I still love that, but I'm having to learn about what God wants to give to ME and how to position my heart to receive all that He has for me. The biggest example of this shift came when I found out I wasn't going to be on a worship team this year for my school. But the biggest truth God seeded into my life in that experience was that "I have nothing to lose." I had nothing to lose by auditioning, but I also have lost nothing in not making a team. (When in submission to Him,) We can do nothing to detract from the destiny God has for us!! I feel like this season in my life has been set apart to receive things from God that I wouldn't be able to receive if I was focused on ministry. He's pouring things into me that my heart needs to know about Him, things that I'll be able to pour back out in due time.

In the same theme of receiving, I've had two really significant revelations of God's love while I've been here so far:

1. God said to me, "I love you in your love language! In fact, I created you with that love language because it's apart of who I am and I love to love you that way. In fact, I love you the best in your love language! Let me love you like I created you to be loved!"

2. God said, "You are a love language of my heart and only you can satisfy this place in me. I formed you out of me and created you to speak a love language of my heart that no one else can satisfy! Speak to me. Love me like only you can do! Your worship satisfies my heart like no one else's can!"

If these truths resonate in your heart, freely receive them for yourself! Ask God to show you how He loves you in your love language; you are a love language of His heart that only you can satisfy in Him! He CRAVES your worship!

No comments:

Post a Comment