Wednesday, September 14, 2011

There Are No Coincidences

So today was my first day of ministry school and I just wanted to note, more than anything else, God's amazing design in bringing me here, specifically on this day...

See, two years ago TO THE DAY I was studying abroad in London and "happened" to attend Holy Trinity Brompton Church where God ignited a passion in my heart for ministry and worship like I had never felt before. Here's a little piece of what I blogged about on this day, two years ago:

"My professor had highly recommended the church and seemed to give the vibe that he thought I would particularly enjoy it, which I did -- even beyond what I expected. I don't think I've ever been a church that is more like my home church!...We went to a family service where the children were highly involved in worship, hands were raised, dancing/movement encouraged, and people greeted one another! Can I continue? The teaching was great -- it was about courage and giving, and I was just in awe of how God was SO good in bringing me to worship with this body of believers all the way over in the UK. I didn't realize how much I missed church until I was there this morning, singing my heart out. Have I mentioned that I absolutely love worship?...Being there was the most at home I've felt in the UK thus far. I was like, "this is my culture." ...I know God is growing my heart for music and worship while I'm here in incredible ways; I can't wait to see how that looks when I get back to the States."

God is so funny. I so vividly remember this day and how I felt more alive than I had in weeks. I remember having this revelation that maybe I really did want to be in ministry for the rest of my life, particularly in worship ministry. Isn't it so like God that he would bring me to start ministry school EXACTLY two years later? I think that's crazy and it also makes me in awe of His goodness. It hasn't been the easiest ride to get to where I'm at here in Redding. And when I did come back to the States (as I mentioned at the end of my post two years ago) nothing happened as I had expected it to. However, I have a feeling God could see two years down the road when I couldn't even see to the next day. He totally took care of me then through a myriad of transitions to get me to where I am now, so remembering this, I have every reason to trust Him still right now as everything is starting all over again. Who knows where I'll be in two years?!

No comments:

Post a Comment