Brief life synopsis: I've moved into my apartment and have now been living in Redding by myself for over a week now. My days have been up and down -- some are super productive, and others feel like I did nothing. I'm trying to view this low-key time as a mini-vacation before the chaos of school starts when I'm sure there won't be many days without anything to do.
My roommate, Nicole, is arriving on Sunday, so I'm really looking forward to that. She's such a God-send and I'm really excited to get to know her better and enjoy this school year together.
My apartment is amazing and my apartment manager is even better. The sun POURS into my window in the morning which can make it rather toasty, but thankfully I don't have the afternoon sun pelting through! Needless to say, it's HOT in Redding - e.g. it's 103 degrees outside right now.
Besides people, the things I miss most about home are the cooler fall weather, owning a TV during football season, and having ready access to the internet 24-7. Hopefully the TV and internet will come with time, and maybe the weather too. :)
Registration is on Monday and school starts on Tuesday. So many people have asked me about what exactly it is that I'm doing and it's hard for me to put specific words to it partially because we haven't been given a ton of information. So hopefully by next week I'll have some real facts on how I'm going to be spending my time here.
The two best parts of my week so far: 1) Running into an old friend from worship school last summer and catching up on life (This was totally designed by God and a huge blessing to me!), 2) Having divine favor at the DMV to settle my questions about vehicle registration. This had been my biggest stress in moving here so far and after several attempts of trying to properly communicate my resident status, I think it's all getting settled. Praise God!
P.S. You'll see that I re-titled my blog again. I'll explain it more later, but in short I think it better explains this new season in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment