Written 2:15 PM 8/18/09:
So I didn’t end up watching any movies, but somehow the time few by anyways. I started off my flight by opening up some special letters that a few people had sent with me and read them over and over. I love encouragement. For the rest of the flight I basically half-slept or slept, I’m not exactly sure which. We were served dinner which I thought was odd since it was 9:30 PM; but I wasn’t hungry so I passed (and the only part I regretted was not having airplane food to take a picture of, haha.) Anyways, after listening to music, I dosed in and out for the rest of the flight which was my goal. I was proud at how well I forced my self to “sleep”. I was only groggy for a short period of time upon landing and then snapped back into life pretty well!
I’m now in the Amsterdam airport where they still don’t have free Wi-Fi, so I’m journaling this first. I’ve slowly woken up to reality and been happily surprised to find myself familiar with the Euro feel – (thanks to Bethel Choir tour!) You know you’re in Europe when nearly every female is wearing skinny jeans and flats, and when the airport is quieter than your dinner table. Lol.
On the way to our gate (for our connecting flight to Edinburgh) I went on a hunt for some cheese (protein!) to eat with my wheat thins. Hilariously enough I found something called “Gouda on a stick”. Way cool! And definitely tasty too!
As we’re waiting for our next flight to Edinburgh (which takes off in about an hour) I took a chance to peak at my school syllabus for the first time and actually got excited! For Thursday’s class I have to read about John Knox and Scottish history! (It reminds me exactly of homeschooling in 6th grade, mom!) Such bliss!
two things that made me smile: 1. taking a picture of airplane food (because I have done it) and 2. "the airport is quieter than your dinner table." I'm loving the blogs Mel. :)
ReplyDelete