Written on 8/23/09:
This experience is absolutely exhilarating! I feel like a caffeine-injected 10 year old!
I woke up at 6:00 AM this morning, got ready and packed my breakfast I had bought the night before at the Metropole. I went outside my apartment to catch bus 37 down to the North Bridge, but it wasn’t supposed to arrive for another 11 minutes, so I started walking and caught it a few stops down. At North Bridge I walked around the corner onto Princes Street and found a stairway down to the Waverly Train Station. Mind you, I had no idea where I was going.
I found the ticket information center and had a minor moment of concern when it looked like it was closed, until I asked a working woman who said it wasn’t open yet. Haha – yeah, joke’s on me. Anyways, I waited in the train station and ate the top of my muffin until the ticket center opened.
Looking around me I nearly laughed aloud – and surely smiled, seeing so many travelers passed out sleeping on tables, chairs, the floor, benches, you name it. The funniest part of my imagination, however, was the piece that thought “Hey, this is like a musical where everyone’s going to wake up and sing, right?” I have no idea why I thought that, except to say that it might be due to that epic, Antwerp (Belgium) train station, musical you tube video. If you’re curious, you can check it out at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EYAUazLI9k
Exiting my daydreams, I bought my ticket and anxiously stood below the electronic departure sign waiting for it to tell me which platform to go to. I made my platform 13 following other passengers , waited in line, and then found a window seat with a table so I could write. I love this!
P.S. Josh! I just passed some Scottish golfers out my window!
No comments:
Post a Comment