Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Lazy Days

The past couple of days - Sunday and Monday - were both great days of relaxation and fellowship. Sunday we went to church with the boys, we all went out to lunch at Red Robin, and then took the rest of the day pretty slow.

Monday was the first day of our breakout classes into more specialized areas such as voice. I went to hear Joanna Finchum speak on vocal technique in the method of Speech Level Singing. It was super interesting and I feel like I learned a lot about using a new technique for singing worship music. Some of my roommates and Tim and Dougen were with us too, so I'm sure we'll all be practicing with each other in the future. The second breakout class that I went to was actually an art class about gaining personal breakthrough via art. It ended up being a super fun class and definitely an exercise I could replicate with a group of people at home for sure. I have my watercolor art piece saved that I can show you all later and I can tell you what it means. Super cool.

Monday night was pretty chill too. I made dinner per usual - I've become the sort of resident cook, more or less, though everyone usually helps out. Just us girls ate together at the table and had girl talk and tons of laughter, it was fabulous! Then the boys came over and we all hung out and sang and such. We all went to bed on the earlier end which was nice for a change.

Today really felt like a school day somehow. I was super tired in the morning even though I had coffee, but our morning worship time was truly amazing and I just felt God's joy bubbling up in me the whole morning, it was great. I've really become more confident it the way the Holy Spirit moves with me in my worship, which has been fun. There seems to be a great grace in the atmosphere here for stepping out into who God is really calling you to be, so I'm hoping that stays rooted in me when I come home.

Brian Johnson spoke this morning on worship leading and imparted a ton of great wisdom that was really encouraging. Then after lunch I went to another voice class for a breakout session. Sadly it was slightly repetitive (even though it was supposed to build on yesterday) since there were so many new people who hadn't come yesterday. However, I felt like I would have sensed it in my spirit if God had wanted me to attend something else and I didn't catch that, so it was fine. I still learned things.

Then for our last main session of the day we got to hear Bill Johnson speak, which is the only time we'll hear him when we're here. Of course it was amazing -- I can't wait to read over my notes. It was encouraging though to feel like my heart really understood what he was saying even if I couldn't fully comprehend the extent of the truth in my life yet. God was totally present in the room.

Tonight we're likely going to order pizza for dinner, which is a good thing because a) I don't feel like cooking, and b) we need to go grocery shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment