Thursday was a fabulous day. We heard both Kris Vallotton and Jenn Johnson speak. This week the speakers have been largely focusing on the heart behind worship and positioning us in a place to receive the more musical aspects of the school in the coming weeks. The messages have been really encouraging to me and have served as a great transition between this past semester - where I wasn't involved in a musical worship context, to being at this worship school.
Thursday night we had the most incredible dinner party where Em and I made stir fry for a whole house of people. Amanda - one of my other roommates - had been inviting over random people from BSW all day and it turned out that there were 23 of us for dinner! Em and I were so worried that there wasn't going to be enough food because many of the people who came over were hungry guys. However, we prayed that God would multiply the food and I swear He must have because everyone had plenty of food to eat and we even had leftovers! Then we ended the night with a great time of worship, prayer, and prophecy for one another. Once again everyone didn't leave our house until probably 1:00 or 2:00 AM.
One of my most favorite parts of being here at Bethel so far is meeting all the internationals. There are about 400 people in BSW and I would guess that about 40 % of the school is internationals. We've made especially good friends with our neighbors: Dougen (Texas), Simeon (England), Tim (Wales), Ben (England), and Josh (Australia). I also talked to a woman from Thailand at our dinner party. I just can't explain it exactly, but I just thoroughly enjoy getting to know people of different cultures. It makes life so much more interesting.
Oh, and the reasoning behind the title of this post is because at our dinner party we found out that it's gotten around to other BSW students that we put pennies and spare change on the walls and make other people try it when they come over; so due to this we've apparently been dubbed "The Money House."
No comments:
Post a Comment