Yesterday we had a short school day. Jeremy Riddle came to do worship for us in the morning and then we heard him speak. For the afternoon we were invited over to the Valloton's for a BBQ. Half of us came from 1:00-3:30 PM, and the other half went from 4:00-6:00 PM. We ate burgers and watermelon and had a great time of fellowship. I played volleyball for most of the time, which made me really happy. After the party some of our group wanted to go to the lake, but that plan fell through so we ended up hanging out at the church for a while. At 5:30 PM I had a voice lesson with the resident vocal teacher at Bethel Church who teaches speech level singing. It was really interesting to learn a new way to train that is completely different than the way I've trained for classical singing, and yet she told me that its the technique that Josh Groban uses. My lesson was only a half-hour which went by really fast, but it was recorded so it will be interesting to listen to later.
At 7:00 PM we went to the Friday night service at Bethel where Lou Engle happened to be speaking; we heard a lot about "The Call - Sacramento" that will be happening this coming September. Then the guys were hungry so we went to In-and-Out Burger afterwards; Em and I split a cheeseburger even though we weren't that hungry just to say we'd had one.
I meant to go to bed "early" last night or take the time to blog, but I ended up talking to some of my roommates until about 2:00 AM. Go figure. Haha.
The boys are over this morning; Dougan came to make us all french toast for breakfast! It was very tasty. Later today we're all going to be going to the Lake!
No comments:
Post a Comment