Thursday, July 8, 2010

Top 10 Things about San Francisco

1. As soon as I stepped out onto the streets of San Fran I completely fell in love with being in the city, which I usually do. Secondly, I naturally kicked into England Term mode, felt completely comfortable in a new place, and was ready to navigate the city in a heart beat! Shortly after we started walking around I decided to duck into a hotel and ask for maps, which I figured they had to have, and I was right. Success! We each got a map, complete with bus numbers and routes, and we were ready to conquer the city! Now that's what I call off to a great start.

2. Shopping!

3. Josh was the best navigator of bus system. I think we'd still be stuck in San Fran without him. He always knew where we were, where we were going, and how to get there. Josh is a necessity.

4. Riding on the bus out to Haight Ashbury had to have been one of the most hilariously obnoxious bus rides I've been on. Let's just say most everyone on the bus was staring at us at one time or another and likely not comprehending any of the loud outbursts or myriad of accents that echoed from our group of 6...plus me, conveniently sitting slightly distanced from the noise and looking out the window...lol.

5. Haight Ashbury was such a sweet area to walk through! It's like Madison X 5 and on drugs...literally.

6. Buying a really trendy loop scarf at an organic clothing shop. Super fun.

7. Waiting on Pier 41 turned out to be highly entertaining as we provided ourselves with our own enjoyment and distractions to pass the time, and thanks to Em who stood on the bench for probably 30 minutes, waving her hands and arms wildly in hopes that the boys would somehow see her and come faster. I sat below her and necessarily holding her dress down.


8. Eating dinner at Bubba Gump's was divine because we had the perfect view of the sun setting over the mountains and Alcatraz in the Bay. Plus, we were all together as a family, so that made it the best possible.


9. Teaching Amanda how to "make a memory" like my mom taught me as we walked down the street at night, following Josh to the bus station, with a cup of coffee in hand, looking back on our perfect day. 


10. Watching Em erupt in excitement as we walked passed a TV screen showing the second Queensland-New South Wales State of Origin (rugby league) game (Wikipedia: "State of Origin is an Australian best-of-three series of rugby league football matches between the Maroons, representing the state of Queensland and the Blues, representing the state of New South Wales. Described as 'sport's greatest rivalry', the State of Origin series is one of Australia's and the region's premier sporting events, attracting a huge television audience and usually selling out the stadiums in which the games are played."), which she'd been raving about to whoever would or wouldn't listen ever since Queensland creamed NSW making their winning streak 5 years in a row, I believe. So amusing. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment