Sunday, July 11, 2010

Wednesday, Thursday...

On Wednesday I took another amazing class from Christa Black on songwriting, which ended up being one of my favorite classes out of the whole school. I've never really done songwriting before (yet), but I just felt so equipped and empowered to try it when I'm home after hearing her speak. Christa is such an amazing woman, so down to earth, full of God, and yet very practical and articulate with what she says. This session was definitely worthwhile.

Our second session time was used for creative expressions in the sanctuary, which is a time where people show their variety of musical and artistic talents on the stage. Today's session was a phenomenal line-up of SO many talented people, it totally blew me away. God is unleashing His creativity in so many of His children; I was so blessed to hear and see such great reflections of God.

...I don't remember what we did on Wednesday night. Likely the boys were over at some point, per usual. One of the nights this week just us girls combined most of our leftovers in the fridge to make a huge melting pot stir-fry that was super delicious!

Thursday we had another session of creative expressions in the morning, which (in my opinion) weren't as stellar as the day before except for about two of the musical artists. We basically only had a half day because then we were dismissed for lunch and the afternoon which included a final BBQ out at the Vallotton's house again just as when we started school. Our "family" went from the 1:30-3:00 slot, ate burgers, and hung out with people. It was scorching hot this day, but I played a couple games of volleyball regardless. I was SO sweaty when we were done, and I don't think I stopped sweating the entire way home! Gross, I know. Haha.

Thursday night we decided to go out for one last celebratory family dinner at Outback Steakhouse! Us got all dressed up and met the boys at the restaurant. We had such a great time just talking and hanging out with one another in complete denial that we'd all be leaving each other in a matter of days. We prayed together - an "American grace" - which is apparently much longer than in other countries, haha; and Dougan made a toast that made Amanda cry. He said something along the lines of him being so blessed by having this completely unexpected, but amazingly close group of best friends where everyone is so unique and yet we all gel SO well together. It was so heart felt and made the night utterly perfect. I really can't put into words how much of a family we are. Having Jesus in the center of it all makes things so perfect. I'm in awe at how He strategically brought us all together, which was clearly no accident. I don't want to be conceded, but I truly think that the ten of us represented some of the most genuine, quality, God-honoring, and loving people out of all the  BSW students. Whether that's true or not, one is allowed to be biased when it comes to family. :)

To top this all off, there was a BSW party going on late on Thursday night that we were invited to, so straight from dinner we went over to some people's house. It turned out to be one of the sweetest parties I've ever been to, and I was blown away that BSW people would have a party this great! There was lots of fun dancing, a DJ, plenty of people, and plenty of space to mingle and celebrate the past month! We didn't end up staying very long because many of us were getting pretty exhausted, but no matter when the night ended we had a blast being together and partying it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment